Costumes and candy – nothing screams halloween more! Except for these Halloween candy cookies.
It has taken me this long in life to realize bite sized halloween chocolates make perfect cookie additions. Snickers, Reese’s, m&ms… all delicious and addicting treats. Putting them all into a cookie? Game over. These halloween candy cookies are the most festive treat hands down. Simple enough to make. Loved by all. I made a full batch of these for a party last year and not one was left. I’d call that a success!
Might I add these are a perfect way to make use of any left over goodies after trick or treating. If you want something savory for Halloween, check out my extra cheesy monster mac and cheese!
- Dry milk powder (optional, but I love the extra flavor and soft texture it gives)
- Baking soda
- Pure vanilla extract
- Mini m&ms, like a lot of them.
- Mini Reese’s cups. cut in half
- Mini snickers, cut in half
- Optional: candy eyes, to top the cookies with
How to make the Halloween candy cookies
- Cut the mini Snickers and mini Reese’s in half
- Make the cookies by mixing the butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla together, then add the dry ingredients. Add in the mini m&ms
- Form the cookies, then top each one with one half Snickers and one half Reese’s, cut side up
- Bake for 10 minutes and option to top with the edible candy eyes
Lastly, If you do make this Halloween candy cookie recipe (first of all, thank you!), be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! It would also mean the world to me to tag me on Instagram and TikTok so I can see what you’re making!
Halloween Candy Cookies
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (375g)
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry milk powder optional
- ½ cup white sugar (100g)
- ¾ cup light brown sugar packed (150g)
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened (225g)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 10 oz mini m&ms about 1 ¼ cup
- 18 bite sized Snickers cut in half (or 8 fun size in thirds)
- 18 bite sized Reese's cut in half
- candy eyes optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Cream together butter and sugar using a stand mixer or a whisk. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt, and dry milk powder and stir to combine.
- Stir in the mini m&ms.
- Form cookies about the size of a rounded tablespoon. To the top of each cookie, add one piece of Snickers and one piece of Reese's in the middle, cut side up. Sprinkle any additional m&ms on top if desired.
- Cook in oven for about 10 minutes and let cool.
- Plate the cookies and sprinkle some candy eyes on top. Enjoy!