One of my favorite party desserts remains the Oreo Truffle, in any variety. These peppermint fudge balls… Well, I get endless compliments wherever I bring them, and who doesn’t want praise?! I make variations year round, sometimes adding a little flavor depending on a certain holiday around. I’ve made a St Patricks Day Baileys Oreo Truffles and they were a true hit.
This season I made these fudge balls with a bit of peppermint extract. Not too much, kind of like the Andes chocolates we’ve all had… but better. And of course, the party I brought them to LOVED these.
You can make them ahead, or day-of. No baking, just a food processor and a tray. While these ARE easy (like really easy), you will want to budget a bit of time to allow the truffles to freeze for a bit. Other than that, you’ll be golden!
I thought topping these with crushed candy canes was super cute but if you don’t have them available then no worries, I promise they will still be extra delicious!
- Oreos: Use both the cookie and the stuffing. Party sized packs!
- Cream Cheese: Room temperature works best
- Peppermint extract: to give those holiday feels
- Melted chocolate: To coat the peppermint fudge balls. I like using a mix of milk chocolate and white chocolate!
- Candy canes: optional, but adorable when crushed up and drizzled on top!
How to make the peppermint fudge balls:
- Use a food processor to turn the oreos into a “flour.”
- Add the cream cheese and peppermint extract and combine
- Roll the dough into balls and pop them into the fridge
- Coat the peppermint fudge balls with chocolate and top with candy cane
Why you’ll love these:
- Extremely quick to make
- Only 5 ingredients, all of which are very easily found
- No baking, you don’t even need a bowl. Just use that food processor baby!
- Super easy to bring to a party
- You will get compliments!!!
Peppermint Fudge Balls (Oreo Truffles
- 1 party size package of Oreos
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1-2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1 cup milk or dark chocolate melted
- ½ cup cup white chocolate melted
- 3 Crushed candy canes to top
- Blend the Oreos in a food processor until the texture of crumbs. Depending on the size of the processor, you may not be able to fit them all at once, but that’s no problem. Add as many as you can at first, then keep adding. Once all Oreos have been shredded, add the cream cheese and blend (this step can be done using a spatula or a stand mixer as well).
- Add the peppermint extract, ½ teaspoon at a time (add ½ teaspoon and blend, then ½ teaspoon and blend). Taste after 1 teaspoon to see if you like it that way. For me, I prefer the taste with 2 teaspoons of peppermint extract, but 1 ½ teaspoons also has a nice flavor.
- When all combined, roll the dough into 3 tablespoon-sized balls and place in the freezer for 20-30 minutes.
- When ready to assemble, melt the chocolates. Coat each truffle in dark or milk chocolate and let cool for 2-3 minutes. Drizzle some white chocolate on the truffles and immediately sprinkle the crushed candy canes.
- Keep refrigerated until serving. They can be made up to 3 days in advance!