This cheesy tuscan chicken dip is the perfect party appetizer or game day snack! It’s packed with flavor from all the seasonings, sun-dried tomato, rotisserie chicken, and melted cheese. It’s perfect alongside chips, toasted bread, or veggie sticks!
Cheesy tuscan chicken dip is my favorite kind of savory chicken dip. It has so much flavor, incredibly easy to make, and something a little different from the more common buffalo chicken dip.
This is the ultimate party dip! I brought this dip to a party and it was gone half way through the night.
It’s made in a skillet and baked to melt the cheese and get that crispy top. So addicting!
- Cooked chicken (I use rotisserie but you can use any kind)
- Sour cream
- Cream cheese
- Seasonings: garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, italian seasoning, cayenne, and salt
- Wilted spinach
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Grated mozzarella (Italian cheese mix or Parmesan would work great too)
How to make this cheesy tuscan chicken dip
Add the room temperature sour cream, cream cheese and seasonings to a bowl, then mix to combine.
Chop the sun-dried tomatoes, drain the wilted spinach and add both to the bowl.
Add the mozzarella and then combine.
You can either add the chicken in and stir it all, or you can layer half the dip in the skillet, layer the chicken, then layer on top. Choice is yours!
Pour the cheesy tuscan chicken dip into a skillet or oven safe dish, and top with extra mozzarella and parmesan. Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes, or until the top is golden and bubbly.
Serve the cheesy tuscan chicken dip with crackers, toasted bread, veggies, or eat with a fork or spoon!
Tips Tricks and Substitutions
This is an extremely forgiving dip – you really can’t go wrong! You can add additional spices, remove the spinach, swap out the shredded cheeses, and you should be fine. If you don’t have as much chicken as the recipe calls for, don’t worry about it! Just use what you can. I would love to hear about your modifications to this cheesy tuscan chicken dip in the comments!
I’ve also made this dip with grated parmesan instead of shredded mozzarella and it turned out delicious! I added ½ cup parmesan into the dip (instead of the 1 cup mozzarella).
More delicious party appetizer recipes
- Healthy buffalo chicken meatballs
- Caramelized French onion dip
- Basil tomato white bean dip (vegan)
- Teriyaki turkey meatballs
- S’mores crispy treats
- Elote pasta salad
Lastly, if you do make this cheesy tuscan chicken dip recipe (then first of all, thank you!!), be sure to leave a comment and rating below! It would mean the world to me if you tagged me on Instagram or TikTok so I can see your creations.
Cheesy Tuscan Chicken Dip
- 1 cup sour cream (225g) room temperature
- 1 block cream cheese (113g) room temperature
- ¼ cup mayonnaise (60g)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon cayenne optional
- 1 ½ cups rotisserie chicken (~200g) chopped
- ⅓ cup wilted spinach (~80g) drained of excess liquid, cooled, and chopped
- 2-3 tablespoon sun-dried tomato chopped
- 1 ½ cup mozzarella (or italian cheese mix) shredded
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Prepare the spinach. If using fresh spinach: add to boiling water and cook for a few minutes until wilted. Cool, and drain the spinach of excess liquid, then roughly chop. If using frozen spinach: warm up according to package instructions. Cool, and drain the spinach of excess liquid, then roughly chop. Set aside.
- Roughly chop the chicken or rip the pieces apart, to about 1-2 inch pieces. You dont want them too small or else it would totally disintegrate – you want noticeable bites to remain even after being stirred in, then set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, Italian seasoning cayenne (if using), and salt until fully combined. Then stir in the sun-dried tomatoes and spinach, then 1 cup mozzarella. Lastly, mix in the chicken. You can give the cold dip a taste here and adjust for seasonings if you'd like.
- Add the mix to a cast iron skillet or an oven safe pan. Add the remaining ½cup shredded cheese to the top and a sprinkle of paprika for color if you'd like.
- Bake at 375°F for 20-25 min. If you want an extra bubbly crispy cheese top, broil at the end for 1-2 minutes or until the desired color is reached. Serve with crackers, toasted bread, or veggie sticks and enjoy!