Oven-roasted Chili Crisp Honey Salmon is incredibly easy to make, yet is so flavorful and is plated beautifully. There’s nothing like a one-sheet pan dinner!
There’s something so satisfying about a sweet and spicy dish. This chili crisp honey salmon is all that and more. By using your favorite chili crisp, you can bring a whole new flavor profile with undertones of garlic, sesame, shallots, or even mushroom. Combined with the sweetness of honey, and you have a dish jam packed with flavor that requires minimal energy.
This recipe uses simple, pantry ingredients. Aside from the salmon and the broccolini, you likely have these at home already!
- Salmon – I cut mine into thinner filets, but you can cut it how you like.
- Chili crisp – Use your favorite. For this recipe, I like a combination of Momofuku Chili Crunch Sauce and Trader Joe’s Crunchy Chili Oil.
- Soy sauce – To add some salt and a savory dimension
- Honey – To contrast the spice we add some sweetness and honey works just perfectly
- Broccolini – You can choose any vegetable that cooks at 450F but I love how broccolini gets charred and crispy to contrast the soft and flakey salmon
- Seasonings – Season the broccolini how you like. I use a simple lemon pepper and garlic salt.
- Rice – Or any starchy side will do
See recipe card for quantities.
How to make Chili Crisp Honey Salmon
- Mix the chili crisp and soy sauce together. Coat the salmon fillets and set aside.
- Add the broccolini to a large sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil and seasoning. Roast for 10 minutes.
- Take the sheet pan out and add the salmon in with the broccolini. Drizzle the salmon with honey. Roast for an additional 12 minutes.
- Cook the rice or other grain according to package instructions.
- To plate, add rice to a bowl or plate. Then top with the cooked salmon and broccolini. Add any leftover chili crisp soy sauce mixture, and drizzle with more honey.
- Spicy – Use a spicier chili crisp with the salmon. Not all are made equal!
- Vegetables – Instead of broccolini, you can try ay vegetable of your choice. I would recommend broccoli, zucchini, asparagus, or wilted spinach.
- Toppings – I like to add chopped chives. Feel free to add crispy shallots, garlic flakes, sesame seeds, or any other topping of choice.
- Rice – Any starch will work in this recipe instead of rice, such as quinoa, farro, brown rice, or even noodles.
Store the chili crisp honey salmon, broccolini, and rice in the refridgerator for up to five days. You can reheat in the microwave, perhaps adding more soy sauce, chili crisp, or honey once heated.
Don’t overcook the salmon! Salmon is very easy to cook in the oven, but once you let it go too long, you risk having a dry piece
Other recipes you may enjoy:
Lastly, if you do make this Chili Crisp Honey Salmonrecipe (then first of all, thank you!!), be sure to rate this recipe and leave a comment and rating below! It would also mean the world to me if you tagged me on Instagram or TikTok so I can see your creations. 🙂
Chili Crisp Honey Salmon
- 1 lb salmon cut into four strips
- 2 tablespoons chili crisp
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey or more to taste
- 2 bunches broccolini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt more or less to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper more or less to taste
- 2 cups cooked rice quinoa, farro, or any other grain will work too
- 1 tablespoon chopped hives for garnish optional
- Preheat the oven to 450℉. Like a large sheet pan with parchment paper or with olive oil. Set aside. Cut your salmon into four strips of equal size.
- In a small bowl, mix together 2 tablespoon chili crisp and 2 tablespoon soy sauce. I used a mix of momofuku and Trader Joe’s chili crisps. Use your favorite!
- Coat the salmon pieces with the chili crisp soy sauce mixture and set aside. I use about ½ – ⅓ of the sauce here.
- Place the broccolini on the sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil. Add the garlic salt and lemon pepper, or whatever seasonings you’re using. Leave some room for the salmon pieces but do not yet add the salmon to the sheet pan. Cook the broccolini for 10 minutes. You may want to begin cooking your rice or grain now.
- After 10 minutes, remove the broccolini from oven (keep on the sheet pan) and add the salmon to the sheet tray. Drizzle the salmon with honey, and cook for 12 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove the salmon and broccolini from the oven. To serve, add the rice, broccolini, and salmon to a large bowl or plate. Drizzle the dish with the extra chili crisp soy sauce mixture, additional honey, and chives if using. Enjoy!