These matcha honey blondies are chewy, gooey, and not overly sweet. A perfect dessert or snack for any time of day.
I drink matcha tea pretty much daily – coffee just has too much caffeine for me! I love the bitter taste of matcha mixed with the sweetness of honey, so I had to make a dessert out of those flavors.
Given that St. Patrick’s Day is right around the corner, these green matcha honey blondies are the perfect green desserts to bring to a gathering! Additionally, Oreo Bailey’s Chocolate Truffles would be a bit hit for the holiday too.
Basically, we make these in the same way as regular blondies, just with added matcha and honey! We omit baking soda and baking powder in order to make these extra chewy and gooey.
- Culinary grade matcha
- Unsalted butter
- Pure vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- Kosher salt
- White chocolate chips
See recipe card for quantities.
Instructions for matcha honey blondies
Combine the melted butter, sugar, brown sugar, and honey then mix thoroughly.
Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract and combine.
Sift in the flour, matcha powder, and salt.
Pour in the white chocolate chips
Mix until just combined.
Mix the chocolate chips in.
Lastly, pour the batter into an 8×8 baking dish lined with parchment paper, and bake until ready. Slice and enjoy!
Feel free to make this recipe with milk or dark chocolate if you prefer! I tested the recipe with all three types of chocolate and I strongly preferred white chocolate chips in this dessert. Certainly, they will taste great whichever chocolate you choose.
Store these matcha honey blondies in a sealed container at room temperature.
Other desserts you might like:
- Honey cake with warm apple topping
- Double chocolate raspberry blondies
- Oreo Bailey’s chocolate truffles
Lastly, if you do make this matcha honey blondies recipe (then first of all, thank you!!), be sure to rate this recipe and leave a comment and rating below! It would mean the world to me if you tagged me on Instagram or TikTok so I can see your creations.
Matcha Honey Blondies
- 6 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar (50 grams)
- ¼ cup white sugar (50 grams)
- ¼ cup honey (85 grams)
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (125 grams)
- 2 tablespoon matcha
- ⅔ cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Beat together the melted butter, dark sugar, white sugar, and honey. Add in the egg, egg yolk and pure vanilla extract, then mix until combined.
- Fold in the flour, culindary grade matcha powder, and salt. Lastly, add the white chocolate chips.
- Bake for about 25 minutes. Let cool, slice, and enjoy!